I love a great BBQ recipe and I have tried a few different ones lately, but I wasn’t pleased with the taste…UNTIL I found this one!
I paired it with cherry tomatoes because I just love how tomatoes begin to pucker when they get hot and sprinkled with a little salt, they are delicious!
For this recipe, just make up the marinade and let it sit for a minimum of 15 minutes.
Then pull the beef out and place it on skewers.
Place it on the grill and let cook 9-12 minutes. Add the tomatoes onto skewers at the end, because they only need a minute or so to cook.
When they are all done, place on a platter and enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak, trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- Make up the marinade by stirring in the first 7 ingredients into a bowl. Pour a little of the marinade into another bowl, then toss it with the tomatoes. Add the beef to the remaining marinade and let it sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Thread the meat and tomatoes onto separate skewers and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill the beef over medium-high heat, turning several times for 9-12 minutes. Grill the tomatoes until they're heated through and the skin begins to pucker, about 1 minute per side.
It’s a special day today! We’re celebrating blogger birthdays this week with The Cards We Drew and we’ve rounded up a great group of bloggers and vendors to throw the ultimate birthday bash and party like it’s YOUR birthday! We’re giving away over $950 worth of prizes for three lucky winner (U.S. residents only–sorry). You can enter the giveaway via Rafflecopter below, but first check out the great prizes and bloggers involved and please be sure to read the fine print!
Each blogger picked their own gift card to giveaway…so here’s what’s up for grabs!!
Someday Crafts $15 Chilis Gift Card / The Cards We Drew $15 Home Goods Gift Card / Sweet Tea and Saving Grace $15 Hobby Lobby Gift Card / A Girl and a Glue Gun $15 Home Depot Gift Card / Made to be a Momma $15 Amazon Gift Card / Cupcake Diaries $15 Olive Garden Gift Card / Glued to my Crafts $15 Lowe’s Gift Card / Kleinworth and Co. $15 Target Gift Card / Frenchie Wraps $15 JoAnn’s Gift Card / Simply Designing $15 Amazon Gift Card / Carissa Miss $15 Amazon Gift Card / Food Folks and Fun $15 Target Gift Card / Occasionally Crafty $15 Amazon Gift Card / Maybe I Will $15 iTunes Gift Card / Over the Big Moon $15 Pick Your Plum Gift Card / Yesterday on Tuesday $15 Amazon Gift Card / Housewife Eclectic $15 Amazon Gift Card / Our Thrifty Ideas $15 Pick Your Plum Gift Card / Gingersnap Crafts $15 JoAnn’s Gift Card / Pretty Providence $15 Target Gift Card / Crafting in the Rain $15 Panera Gift Card / Sister’s Suitcase Blog $15 Target Gift Card / DimplePrints $15 Lowe’s Gift Card / That’s What Che Said $15 Home Depot Gift Card / Twin Dragonfly Designs $15 Amazon Gift Card / Happiness is Homemade $15 Amazon Gift Card / The Baker Upstairs $15 World Market Gift Card / Blooming Homestead $15 Target Gift Card / Splendid Designs $15 Michaels Gift Card / Reasons to Skip the Housework $15 Target Gift Card / Giggles Galore $15 Michaels Gift Card / Raegun Ramblings $15 Amazon Gift Card / View from the Fridge $15 Chipotle Gift Card / Flats to Flip Flops $15 Old Navy Gift Card / Cooking with Crystal $15 Hobby Lobby Gift Card / Home. Made. Interest $15 Home Depot Gift Card / 100 Directions $15 Amazon Gift Card / 733 Blog $15 JoAnn’s Gift Card / Endlessly Inspired $15 Home Goods Gift Card / Here Comes the Sun $15 Target Gift Card / Bloom Designs $15 Michaels Gift Card / Strawberry Mommycakes $15 Pottery Barn Gift Card / Handmade in the Heartland $15 Amazon Gift Card / Wait til Your Father Gets Home $15 Amazon Gift Card / Mabey She Made It $15 Amazon Gift Card / Play Party Pin $15 Amazon Gift Card / Poofy Cheeks $15 Target Gift Card / Bombshell Bling $15 iTunes Gift Card / C.R.A.F.T. $15 Home Depot Gift Card / Gallamore West $15 Target Gift Card
AND on top of all those gift cards we have the following vendors participating…
$100 Credit to Design Your Own Handbag at Wink and Winn
$50 Credit to StitchFix where you can get your own personal stylist sending clothes to your door!
$25 to Pick Your Plum
PRIZES WILL BE AS FOLLOWS:
Winner One: $645 worth of Gift Cards + $50 StitchFix Credit
Winner Two: $60 worth of Gift Cards + $100 Credit to Wink and Winn
Winner Three: $45 worth of Gift Cards + $25 to Pick Your Plum + Jamberry Nail Decals
Giveaway Details and Fine Print:
Giveaway begins 8/27 and ends 9/5 at 11:59 p.m.. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Winners will be chosen by Rafflecopter and winning entries verified. If winning entry is not complete, prize will be voided and another winner will be chosen. Winners will be notified via email and have 48 hours to respond and claim their prize before a new winner is chosen. Gift cards are chosen by each individual blogger and are mailed out separately to the winner in increments of $15 per blogger. Winner may not choose what gift cards they receive as that is predetermined by the bloggers in advance. Winner will have to provide a valid mailing address and email address, which will be kept confidential, in order to claim their prizes from all parties involved. All individual blogs are responsible for fulfilling their own respective prizes and will have the gift card in the mail or through email to you within one week of verification of winning. Gift Cards are sent out in $15 increments. The Cards We Drew, nor any other blog, is not held liable for unfulfilled prizes from other bloggers and/or vendors involved with this giveaway and all associated with this giveaway are hereby not held liable for any issues with the winnings. Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram and not in ANY way involved with this giveaway and are hereby released of any responsibility or liability.
filed under Misc.
Sometimes I just have a craving for something S’more related, but don’t have the time to start a bonfire. So today I whipped up these S’more brownie bites and the kids loved helping me “pop” the marshmallows in and watch them sink.
These S’more Brownie Bites are the perfect little snack to get your s’more fix!
You will need:
box brownie mix, I like the fudge type
Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray the mini muffin tin (24 size) with cooking spray.
Then in a mixing bowl, make the brownies according to the box directions. Fill each muffin tin half full and push either half of a regular size marshmallow or 2 mini marshmallows into the center and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
Bake for 20 minutes or until marshmallows begin to brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Recipe adapted from babble.com
- brownie mix
- graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray the mini muffin tin (24 size) with cooking spray.
- Then in a mixing bowl, make the brownies according to the box directions. Fill each muffin tin half full and push either half of a regular size marshmallow or 2 mini marshmallows into the center and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until marshmallows begin to brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 8 oz (3 cups) penne, cooked and drained
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) crushed tomatoes in thick puree
- 2 Tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil or 1 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- fresh pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup firmly packed grated swiss cheese
- freshly grated parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place pasta in a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish lightly coated with cooking spray or oil.
- *toasting pine nuts*
- Place pinenuts in a small nonstick skillet over medium/high heat. Stir with a wooden spoon until toasted, 4-5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, stir together tomatoes, pine nuts, basil, salt, parsley & pepper. Simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Mix with pasta in casserole, and stir in swiss cheese. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered until bubbly, 35-40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe Source: Yellow Bliss Road